Best Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair Service in Honolulu, Kapolei & Entire Oahu Island, HI
Your home’s water heater is one of the most crucial plumbing fixtures you have access to. Without hot water, you cannot comfortably shower, bathe, wash dishes, or clean. Keeping the water heater in top condition is not just a recommendation but a must.
Great plumbing experience!!!
Tankless Water Heater Repair
A tankless water heating system requires numerous moving parts and electrical components. Typically, there are more repairs and maintenance required. Being so complicated, you’ll need an expert plumber to handle repairs.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Like any plumbing fixture, professional installation is a requirement. To alleviate potential issues and cut down on long-term repair costs, allow Emergency Plumbing & Solar to perform your tankless water heater installation.
Tankless Water Heater Replacement
Over time, whether due to wear and tear or negligence, your tankless system may break down. When repairs are simply not sufficient enough to solve an issue, a replacement may work. Like repairs and installations, replacements should be completed by the skilled hands of a professional.
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
At Emergency Plumbing & Solar, we recommend preventative maintenance on all plumbing systems and fixtures in your home. With a tankless water heater, maintenance is especially necessary. A tankless system is designed for moving parts and electrical systems. As such, it requires more care than a conventional water heater. When maintained correctly, you’ll enjoy increased savings and lower energy use per month. Furthermore, a tankless system requires less space in your home. It’s a win-win all around!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters are a popular new option for people who’dlike quick and easy access to hot water at all times – and be more energy efficient at the same time. Like any new technology, there are pros and cons to tankless water heaters. Here are a few:
- Instant hot water – As soon as cooler water flushes out of the faucet, nice, steamy, hot water is available!
- Longer lifespan – Tankless water heaters last twice as long as conventional water heaters.
- Lower monthly costs – Tankless water heaters are 22% more efficient than conventional water heaters.
- Space saving – Tankless water heaters are much smaller than conventional water heaters, so if you have a small home, they may be the ideal choice.
- Reduce the chance of water damage – Smaller tanks mean less water is flowing through the system, which means less possibility of flooding.
- More expensive – Tankless water heaters may save you money in the long run, but their initial cost is at least double the price of conventional water heaters.
- Additional equipment – You may need a water softener as well, which adds to the initial cost.
- More maintenance – Tankless water heaters are more complicated, so if something goes wrong, you need a professional to fix it. Luckily, your friends at Emergency Plumbing & Solar are available 24/7!
- Less water available – Since they’re smaller, tankless water heaters may not be able to provide all the hot water you need at the same time (meaning, running the shower and the dishwasher simultaneously may be an issue). That’s why some people install more than one in their home or business.
If you need assistance choosing the right type of water heater for your home or business, ask the experts at Emergency Plumbing & Solar. We’re here to help 24/7!
How Often Should Tankless Water Heaters be Serviced?
The frequency of servicing a tankless water heater will depend on various factors such as usage, water quality, and the make and model of the unit. However, it is recommended that tankless water heaters be serviced every 2 to 5 years to ensure optimal performance and extend the life of the unit.
Regular maintenance is essential for keeping a tankless water heater running efficiently and preventing costly breakdowns. We can perform a thorough cleaning and inspection of the unit, including checking for leaks, corrosion, and mineral buildup. This can help to maintain the water heater’s energy efficiency and ensure that it provides hot water as needed.
It’s a good idea to have the unit’s electrical connections, gas connections, and venting system inspected and cleaned to prevent potential safety hazards. The technician may also perform a performance test to ensure that the unit is providing an adequate supply of hot water.
Ignoring regular maintenance can lead to a range of problems, such as reduced efficiency, poor performance, and increased wear and tear on the unit. Regular servicing can help to keep your tankless water heater working at its best, providing hot water when you need it while also helping to reduce the risk of breakdowns and other issues.
How Many Years does a Tankless Water Heater Last?
A tankless water heater is designed to last longer than a traditional storage tank water heater, but the lifespan will vary based on several factors such as usage, water quality, and maintenance. On average, a well-maintained tankless water heater can last anywhere from 20 to 25 years.
Compared to storage tank water heaters, which typically last 10 to 15 years, a tankless water heater provides a more long-term solution for your hot water needs. However, it’s important to note that regular maintenance and proper usage are key to ensuring that your tankless water heater lasts as long as possible.
How often do tankless water heaters need maintenance?
When you own a tankless hot water heater, it is vital that you maintain it properly. You can extend the lifespan of your water heater beyond its 20-year expectancy by doing routine maintenance. To do this and make sure there are no performance issues, It’s best to get your hot water heater serviced at least once a year. If you are living in an area where you have hard water, you may need to either have maintenance done twice a year or consider adding a water softener.
Maintenance includes cleaning the air filter, flushing the system, cleaning the water filter, and cleaning the tank; if you already have a water softener, it includes inspecting it as well. This will help to ensure that all the components in the heater work as they should. Our experienced professionals will take care of it quickly and easily, you can schedule your water heater maintenance today by calling (808) 691-9309 Oahu, (808) 400-8811 Hawaii Island.