What to Expect From a Sewer Line Repair
Any type of issue with your sewer line is sure to cause anxiety, stress, and quite the headache. You see, for any homeowner, a problem with the sewer line often means a costly repair. You may also experience significant downtime with your home’s plumbing system. It’s all just a complete hassle – at least, that’s how it used to be! The plumbing industry is constantly advancing and innovating. Our sewer line repair processes have come a long way. Today, we no longer need to dig up extensive portions of your landscape. We have other, more efficient methods that save time and money, and your lawn, too! Here’s what to expect.
Preparing for Sewer Line Repair
First of all, any professional plumber worth their salt will begin the sewer line repair process with a full diagnosis. Typically, industry professionals utilize a sewer line camera to investigate the interior of the pipe. The camera itself is inserted via a drain in the house. The connected viewing screen allows us to examine the pipe interior, locating the blockage quicker and more easily than ever.
Once the blockage is located, we can mark the location above ground. If there are any utility lines running on your property, we’ll need to know of these beforehand. Plus, you may wish to receive permission from your neighbors, should a line travel through their property as well.
Also, please note that sewer line repair is a loud business. While expert plumbers do their best to reduce the noise, it’s still quite noticeable.
Finally, you must avoid flushing anything down the toilet or drain during the repair process.
Things to Know About Sewer Line Repair
We told you how to best prepare for sewer line repair. Now, here’s what you can expect during the process.
- As stated previously, during the repair process you cannot use your sewer system, or your potable (drinking) water system, either. Please understand the importance of not flushing anything down the toilet at this time.
- Upon completion, your landscape may look somewhat messy, as large machinery just finished digging in your yard. Your sewer system will work efficiently once more! But now, your yard may require a little love and attention.
- There may be piles of sod and rocky dirt left on the lawn in the wake of the machinery. We’ll provide advice on how best to put it back in order.
- Warranties on sewer line repairs vary. Speak with our technicians or customer service team members to discuss warranties, how long a warranty lasts, and what is covered.
- Maintenance after sewer line repair will be crucial. We recommend using root killing products on occasion to prevent tree roots from breaking into your pipes. Also, have a plumbing inspection performed annually or bi-annually for the best results. Many people overlook this simple but important step! Always trust an expert to handle this maintenance.
Emergency Plumbing & Solar is the top provider of sewer line repair in Oahu, Hawaii. We work closely with our community, ensuring both homeowners and local businesses have the plumbing services they need most. Schedule sewer line repair today by calling (808) 691-9309 Oahu, (808) 400-8811 Hawaii Island.