5 Drain Maintenance Tasks To Accomplish This Summer
There’s a season for everything, and that includes drain maintenance. When summer is on its way, it’s time to make use of the dryer weather and longer days to get the home ready for the rest of the year.
- Clean the gutters
- Not only is it less yucky to clear the plant matter and other gunk in the the getters when it’s drier, it’s also likely to help make sure your outside drains don’t get clogged
- Check for leaks
- You can visually check for leaks or you can break out your DIY skills and check your water meter when you’ve shutoff all you water-using appliances to see is a leak is still causing the meter to tick up
- Check your perimeter drain
- In preparation for the wet season, when your foundation and basement are more likely to get flooded, you should make sure that there are no leaks
- Add backwater valves to your floor drains
- These are useful in areas where water pools consistently, but you must do regular cleaning to prevent backups at water coming back into the house
- Add drain strainers to your appliances
- These are always a good idea and can help keep your drains clog free from excess hair or a loose earring or anything else not meant for the pipes
If you need plumbing help this summer, then be sure to call EPS for the islands’ reliable experts. Call (808) 691-9309 to get in touch with the Oahu branch, or, if you live on the Big Island, call 808-793-5158.